Career & Job Search Coaching
I offer career and job search coaching, “outside-the-box” techniques & tips for job-search including expert resume preparation, interviewing skills (role-plays, etc.), finding your life’s “passion” and purpose, “designing your career” and career planning and guidance for students in Orangeburg, Rockland and Warwick, Orange Counties, NY, near northern NJ.
- Looking for a job in your field or in a completely different field?
- Exploring possible alternative careers following years out of the work force as a working mom or following a layoff or a “burn-out”?
- Seeking strategies to advance within your current company or organization?
- Seeking to resolve organizational or interpersonal issues or challenges in your current workplace?
- Looking for professional help in preparing your resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letters, preparing for interviews including role-plays and writing “Thank You” letters?
- Trying to figure out what career is best suited for you and how to get started?
- A high school or college student seeking guidance about what to do with your life and how to discover your ideal career?
I am a person who is most equipped to help you. Let me tell you why:
I’m a Career and Life Coach, a Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), a Licensed Psychotherapist, and a retired Attorney.
My unique blend of organizational, legal, and psychological credentials, education, skills and experience — including alternative and “outside-the-box” job search techniques; assessment of your skills, aptitudes, and talents — and their relationship to current opportunities in this economic climate provides a “one-stop-shopping” resource to help you resolve the gamut of career, organizational, academic, and workplace challenges.
For over 13 years I have been helping my clients find and create careers, and land jobs. As a successful New York attorney, and in my Counseling, Psychotherapy, and roles in behavioral health managed care, I have interviewed many applicants for a myriad of positions. I have also worked for New York recruitment agencies.
I know what employers are looking for in an applicant.
As a professional Career Coach I have worked extensively with individuals on identifying their ideal career path and creating a strategy to make it happen. This has involved targeting the job market including “creating jobs”, resume and C.V. preparation, preparation for interviews including role-plays, and follow-up strategy sessions.
I have effectively counseled and coached employees ranging from corporate executives including officers and managers to entry-level employees on issues ranging from resolving interpersonal conflicts and dispute resolution with supervisors, co-workers, Human Resources, and with clients and vendors, to assistance in excelling progressing, and rising through the ranks within their respective organizations.
Using my skills as a psychotherapist and coach, I have helped employees overcome workplace interpersonal and organizational challenges so they could focus and concentrate on getting ahead. Indeed, I have extensive experience providing executive coaching to all levels of personnel including officers, managers, supervisors and staff of companies including Johnson and Johnson, Keystone Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Pennsylvania, Merck, Novartis, Verizon, HSBC, and others in the insurance, pharmaceutical, “hi-tech”, banking, finance, and other industries.
Executive & Business Coaching
As an Executive Coach, I have provided management consultations as well as trainings and workshops with senior and middle management and with line staff of Fortune 500 and smaller corporations, for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, and small businesses on organizational, human resources, and interpersonal issues including the following:
- Industrial and organizational psychological and political challenges
- Resolution of interpersonal conflicts and disputes
- Supervisory and management concerns including identification of, and response to delicate concerns including suspected impaired or emotionally troubled employees involving possible substance abuse and including high-level officers and managers, perceived risks or threats of physical harm in the workplace, purported violations of HR rules or guidelines, project management political challenges and disputes as well as conflicts between competing vertical lines of authority
- Crisis response to workplace disasters including the provision of Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (CISD’s)
- Training sessions and workshops for management, officers, and staff on topics including team building, conflict and dispute resolution, effective communication skills, stress reduction (including progressive relaxation, guided, imagery, and meditation techniques, techniques for effective and efficient organizational and project management, and facilitated new employee orientations. stress reduction and legal, HR, and EEOC compliance issues
- Executive career challenges involving subtle political and organizational and effective workflow and time management and design to ensure the highest results
If you’re out of work and look for a job, I will help you:
- Find — or Create — your “DREAM JOB” by looking “outside the box” utilizing alternative, proactive, and creative job search techniques and tips
- Discover your Life’s Purpose and Passion and the Career Path that’s Most Uniquely Suited for you … and then allow me to help you GET THERE step-by-step with weekly “homework” and built-in accountability.
- Create an Outstanding Resume that STANDS OUT
- Develop Superior Interviewing and Interpersonal Skills through Experiential work including Interview Role-Plays
Career Planning & Guidance for Students
I work with, and have helped many, many young (and older) high school and college students learn how to navigate a complex educational and vocational system that I, myself, have been through — as a retired attorney and a licensed psychotherapist. I will help you get clear on your goals and then set an academic, educational and/or vocational plan to help you get there. College and university guidance and career offices are often NOT the best place to get such help because they have a vested interest and are thus often not entirely objective.