Hypnotherapy and Meditation
One effective technique involves “hypnotherapy”. Hypnotherapy involves working with an individual in a state of high relaxation and focus. Under these conditions ones brain waves are operating at a different frequency — going down from beta (normal consciousness) to alpha, and then theta — and one is more susceptible to both uncovering (discovering) underlying and unconscious feelings as well as more receptive to the introduction of new or alternative ways of experiencing, and behaving in a situation. “Guided imagery” or visualization is particularly helpful, under these conditions, as a means to either re-experiencing an event or circumstance in a new light, or to creating a desired situation or outcome in ones life.
Meditation is an extremely effective and powerful tool to achieve a myriad of positive results including inner peace, increased relaxation, self-confidence, and an ability to “let go” of ones ego or “addiction to thinking”. I teach and lead meditation where I feel that would be a useful tool for a client.
Some of the personal challenges that hypnotherapy and meditation, included guided meditation, can help you overcome:
- Feeling depressed or always sad or “down”
- Feeling anxious or panicky
- Overwhelming and non-stop guilt or shame
- The effects of a traumatic experience or incident
- Rage or anger that feels uncontrollable
- Phobias like not being able to go drive over a bridge or through a tunnel, be in an elevator, or deal with social situations.
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Sexual Addiction including Addiction to Pornography
- Chronic overspending or Compulsive Shopping
- Many types of psychic conflict